We’re looking for a full-time PHP Developer who’s ready to push the limits of what software can do. You’ll be part of an autonomous squad, accountable to your squad mates and clients to deliver the right solutions for today and tomorrow.
When it comes to creative ideas, nothing’s off the table — if you can make a case for it, you can do it.
At Oomph, we build world-class digital experiences that drive meaningful human connection. We don’t compromise on the quality of our code or our collaboration. You’ll get the support of an in-house DevOps team, best-in-class source management tools, and cross-squad knowledge shares to help you grow and succeed.
We’re a remote-first team that understands the value of work/life integration and having flex time to find your own sweet spot in the day. Working on a patch? Cool. Make it a part of your project work and boost your impact. Contributing to open-source projects isn’t just a corporate catchphrase for us. It’s in our DNA.
As an Oomph Engineer, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with team members and clients to identify technical solutions
- Draft system specifications supporting what you’ll develop
- Implement solutions using back-end technologies, often integrating with 3rd party systems via APIs
- Estimate tasks; proactively update on progress and flag risks to budget and timeline
- Be an expert communicator/facilitator in technical conversations with various internal and external stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience delivering large scale PHP solutions using an object-oriented approach
- Strong experience with at least one of the following PHP based frameworks:
- Proven experience developing custom modules or framework extensions
- Very comfortable integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with version control workflows, pull requests and peer reviews for code quality
- Experience with local development environments such as Lando/Docker/Vagrant
- Excellent communication skills to support healthy relationships with teammates and clients
- Stellar problem solving capabilities
What would set you apart:
- Experience implementing solutions with a decoupled architecture
- Experience developing custom Drupal modules, Symfony components, or similar
- Experience with JS frameworks (React/Gatsby/Next/Angular/Vue/Nuxt)
Important to know:
- We operate as squads — highly efficient, cross-functional groups dedicated to specific clients
- We’re aware that with autonomy comes accountability — we honor the freedom of deciding how and when we work by delivering quality on time
- We are active and enthusiastic contributors to the open source community and seek opportunities to give back
- We’re anchored in our core values — more than words, these are the actions and attitudes that set us apart and keep us going
- We recognize work/life has become more of an integration than a balance, and offer flex time to support our team (while extra work is sometimes required, we plan for a 40 hour work week)
- We’re active learners and strive towards a growth mindset
- We’re headquartered in Rhode Island, and try to get together in-person annually for our Team Summit (fingers crossed for 2021!)
Other reasons to consider joining us:
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- PLUS 9 paid holidays, and your birthday (yay, you!)
- 20 days paid sabbatical after four years
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- 100% paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- Paid time for professional development
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are
- Paid parental (maternity and paternity) leave
- Ongoing rewards and recognition
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization required. Please note that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check, based on requirements of the position.