At Oomph, our DevOps Engineers manage build pipelines and infrastructure to help keep our engineering team moving forward on their projects.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to execute on their vision to automate repeatable tasks, keep systems secure, and optimize workflows as a collaborative member of a super smart team!
As a DevOps Engineer, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with team members and clients to identify technical solutions relating to website infrastructure and automation of tasks
- Document, outline, diagram, or otherwise draft system specifications to describe what you and sometimes others will develop or configure
- Collaborate with vendors and clients to determine infrastructure specifications and requirements
- Respond to or initiate support requests with vendors
- Develop technical solutions using back-end technologies, often integrating with 3rd party systems via APIs
- Estimate tasks before beginning work on them, while providing updates on progress and flagging risks to budget and timeline
- Be an expert communicator/facilitator in technical conversations with various internal and external stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- Experience configuring performant hosting environments for Drupal
- Comfort with development tools including Composer, npm, Git, Docker-based local development
- Ability to identify infrastructure specifications that match best value with requirements
- System administration proficiency (i.e., log management, key management, patching, updating, software installation)
- Experience with several build systems to support CI/CD, including scripting (bash) and tools like Ansible
- Comfortable configuring DNS, Certificate management, and CDNs
- Network administration experience, firewalls, caching, and load balancing, routing
- Can compare and evaluate competing solutions and determine best fit
- Ability to work independently while also considering all aspects of the larger project in decision making
What would set you apart:
- Experience configuring build pipelines for Drupal
- Experience with GitHub Actions
Important to know:
- We operate as squads — highly efficient, cross-functional groups dedicated to specific clients
- We’re aware that with autonomy comes accountability — we honor the freedom of deciding how and when we work by delivering quality on time
- We are active and enthusiastic contributors to the open source community and seek opportunities to give back
- We’re anchored in our core values — more than words, these are the actions and attitudes that set us apart and keep us going
- We recognize work/life has become more of an integration than a balance, and offer flex time to support our team (while extra work is sometimes required, we plan for a 40 hour work week)
- We’re active learners and strive towards a growth mindset
- We’re headquartered in Rhode Island, and try to get together in person annually for our Team Summit (fingers crossed for 2021!)
Other reasons to consider joining us:
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- PLUS 9 paid holidays, and your birthday (yay, you!)
- 20 days paid sabbatical after four years
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- 100% paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- Paid time for professional development
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are
- Paid parental (maternity and paternity) leave
- Ongoing rewards and recognition
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization required. Please note that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check, based on the requirements of the position.