The UX and Design team at Oomph is the driving force behind innovative experiences, award-winning interfaces, and clients that say “wow!” As a UI Designer, you will translate research and recommendations into stunning visuals and create delight with solutions that are authentic and trustworthy. You take great pride in bringing a high level of quality to our clients from many sectors — healthcare, higher education, B2B, and non-profits.
The work is fast-paced and far-reaching, and the UX and Design team works alongside our delivery squads from beginning to end; from kick-off to code. At a small but growing agency like ours, you will have the ability to contribute at all stages of a project.
As a UI Designer, you can expect to:
- Create innovative and beautiful design deliverables through the translation of requirements and interpretation of ideas — from loose concepts to refined executions
- Ensure design accuracy and brand consistency through an understanding of brand strength and business objectives
- Document storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos, and prototypes of proposed features
- Apply usability processes, methods, and techniques to address and improve visual accessibility
- Present designs in front of internal teams and clients to explain decisions and concepts in verbal or written form
- Approach feedback with empathy and help clarify feedback to make next steps clear and actionable
- Effectively communicate with the engineering team about feature functionality and interactivity
Your existing skills and abilities, with room for growth, are:
- Comfort and skill navigating ambiguity
- Proficiency with typography, iconography, color theory, and visual composition
- Up-to-date knowledge and skillful use of design tools — We are an Adobe shop at the moment but are open to evaluating new tools
- Comfortable with supporting technologies — virtual whiteboard tools, time-tracking, communication, and project management tools
- Managing time effectively to balance multiple projects, budgets, and timelines
- General knowledge of CSS/HTML. (An understanding of CSS micro-animations and transitions will increase the quality and creativity of designed deliverables)
- A basic understanding of User Experience (UX) best practices, heuristics, responsive design, mobile human interface guidelines, and interactivity
- A proactive desire to find opportunities for growth and innovation — conferences, webinars, learning new tools & methods
- A growing comfort to positively critique and support other architects or designers on the team and to contribute ideas to UI/UX-centered conversations
- Adaptive communication; can adjust communication style to support cross-functional collaboration
- Self-motivated and self-aware; able to get unstuck when uninspired
Important to know:
- Our team operates as Squads — efficient, cross-functional groups dedicated to specific clients. The UX and Design team is its own squad
- We’re aware that with autonomy comes accountability — we honor the freedom of deciding how and when we work by delivering quality on time
- We’re anchored in our core values — more than words, these are the actions and attitudes that set us apart and keep us going
- We recognize work/life has become more of an integration than a balance, and offer flex time to support our team (while extra work is sometimes required, we plan for a 40-hour workweek)
- We’re active learners and strive towards a growth mindset
- We’re headquartered in Rhode Island, and try to get together in person annually for our Team Summit (2022 TBD)
Other reasons to join us:
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- PLUS 9 paid holidays, and your birthday (yay, you!)
- 20 days paid sabbatical after four years
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- 100% paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- Paid time for professional development
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are
- Paid parental (maternity and paternity) leave
- Ongoing rewards and recognition
– – –
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization required. Please note that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check, based on the requirements of the position.