FULLY REMOTE ROLE
We’re looking for a full-time UX Engineer who’s ready to push the limits of what software can do. You’ll be part of an autonomous squad, accountable to your squadmates and clients to deliver the right solutions for today and tomorrow.
When it comes to creative ideas, nothing’s off the table — if you can make a case for it, you can do it.
At Oomph, we build world-class digital experiences that drive meaningful human connection. We don’t compromise on the quality of our code or our collaboration. You’ll get the support of an in-house DevOps team, best-in-class source management tools, and cross-squad knowledge shares to help you grow and succeed.
We’re a remote-first team that understands the value of work/life integration and having flex time to find your own sweet spot in the day. Working on a patch? Cool. Make it a part of your project work and boost your impact. Contributing to open-source projects isn’t just a corporate catchphrase for us. It’s in our DNA.
As a UX Engineer at Oomph, you can expect to:
- Be responsible for creating rich experiences that are accessible and provide a consistent experience across devices and browsers
- Build, support, and deliver complex projects with varying technologies (Drupal CMS, Gatsby, React) and leverage your experience with those technologies for sites and applications in decoupled architectures
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Drupal version 8 or above
- Experience with or a passion for expanding skillset to include React
- Ability to produce cross-browser compatible markup according to approved designs
- Experience developing and testing web accessibility to meet WCAG guidelines
- Comprehensive understanding of responsive design techniques and modern CSS features
- Proficient in content modeling, whether it be in Drupal CMS or other headless CMS options
- Familiarity with component architecture and the benefits of design systems
- Performance-minded approach to front end development
What would set you apart:
- Experience implementing solutions with a decoupled architecture
- Experience with one or more JS frameworks (React/Gatsby/Next/Angular/Vue)
- Experience building apps with React Native
Important to know:
- We operate as squads — highly efficient, cross-functional groups dedicated to specific clients
- We’re aware that with autonomy comes accountability — we honor the freedom of deciding how and when we work by delivering quality on time
- We are active and enthusiastic contributors to the open-source community and seek opportunities to give back
- We’re anchored in our core values — more than words, these are actions, attitudes, and a visible reminder of what sets us apart and keeps us going
- We recognize work/life has become more of an integration than a balance, and offer flex time to support our team (while extra work is sometimes required, we plan for a 40-hour workweek)
- We’re active learners and strive towards a growth mindset
- We’re headquartered in Rhode Island, and try to get together in person annually for our Team Summit
Other reasons to consider joining us:
- 20 days of paid time off per year (includes our weeklong company shut down during the Christmas/New Year season)
- PLUS 9 paid holidays, including your birthday (yay, you!)
- Paid sabbatical after four years
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 100% paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a 4% company match
- Company laptop, initial WFH setup allowance, and a $500 quarterly "Work the Way You Want" stipend
- Paid time for professional development
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are
- Paid parental leave
- Ongoing rewards and recognition
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization is required. Please note that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check, based on the requirements of the position.