At Oomph, our shared purpose is to elevate our clients, our people, and our community. We’re a dynamic digital agency that puts design at the center of impact and value. Our fully distributed and remote team is small but fierce and supported by an ever-evolving employee experience. As a member of 1% for the Planet, 1% of our annual profits is donated to environmental causes.
The UX and Design team at Oomph is the driving force behind innovative experiences, award-winning interfaces, and clients that say “wow!” As a UI Designer, you will translate research and recommendations into stunning visuals and create delight with solutions that are authentic and trustworthy. You will take great pride in bringing a high level of quality to our clients, who span health & wellness, e-commerce, education, non-profit, and cultural institution spaces.
The work is fast-paced and far-reaching, and the UX and Design team works alongside our delivery squads from beginning to end; from kick-off to code. You will have the ability to contribute ideas and solutions at all stages of a project.
As a UI Designer, you can expect to:
- Create innovative and beautiful design deliverables — from loose concepts to refined executions
- Create storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos, and prototypes of proposed features
- Apply usability processes, methods, and techniques to address and improve visual accessibility and inclusion
- Present designs to clients and explain decisions or concepts in verbal and written form
- Approach feedback with empathy and help clarify feedback to make next steps clear and actionable
- Effectively communicate with the engineering team about expected functionality and interactivity
A Senior UI Designer should also expect to:
- Be a team leader, contributing to design critique and helping other designers get unstuck when they hit a creative roadblock
- Share cutting-edge ideas with the team from various sources as a means of visual inspiration
- Explore new tools and techniques to evaluate their usefulness & effectiveness
- Occassionaly author a blog post about a visual design topic of your choice
Your existing skills and abilities, with room for growth, are:
- Comfort and skill in navigating ambiguity
- Self-motivated and self-aware; able to get unstuck when uninspired
- Proficiency with typography, iconography, color theory, and visual composition
- Up-to-date knowledge and skillful use of design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Comfortable with supporting technologies — ex. virtual whiteboard tools, time-tracking, communication, and project management tools
- Effective time management, balancing multiple projects, estimates, and timelines
- General knowledge of CSS/HTML. (An understanding of CSS micro-animations and transitions will increase the quality and creativity of designed deliverables)
- A basic understanding of User Experience (UX) best practices, heuristics, responsive design, mobile human interface guidelines, and interactivity
- An immediate yet growing comfort in positively critiquing and supporting other designers or architects on the team
- Adaptive communication; can adjust communication style to support cross-functional collaboration
- Active contribution of ideas to UI/UX-centered conversations
- A proactive desire to find opportunities for growth and innovation — conferences, webinars, learning new tools & methods, etc.
Important to know:
- Our team operates as Squads — efficient, cross-functional groups dedicated to specific clients. The UX and Design team is its own squad.
- We’re aware that with autonomy comes accountability — we honor the freedom of deciding how and when we work by delivering quality on time
- We’re anchored in our purpose and our core values — more than words, these are the actions and attitudes that set us apart and keep us going
- We recognize work/life has become more of an integration than a balance, and offer flex time to support our team (while extra work is sometimes required, we plan for a 40-hour workweek)
- We’re active learners and strive towards a growth mindset
- We’re headquartered in Rhode Island, and try to get together in person annually for our Team Summit (2023 TBD)
Other reasons to join us:
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- PLUS 9 paid holidays, and your birthday (yay, you!)
- Paid sabbatical after four years
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 100% paid short & long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with a 4% company match
- Company laptop, initial WFH setup allowance, and a $500 quarterly "Work the Way You Want" stipend
- Paid time for professional development
- Zero commute — flexibility to work from where you are (US-based only)
- Paid parental (maternity and paternity) leave
- Ongoing rewards and recognition
Oomph is an award-winning digital services firm. Through the creation, implementation, and operation of highly strategic digital platforms, we help companies and brands strengthen their connections to customers, partners, and employees. For 15 years, our team of strategists, creatives, and technologists has been navigating the ever-changing digital landscape to provide innovative solutions that drive business outcomes.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
US work authorization is required. Please note that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check, based on the requirements of the position.